Holiday packing tips:• Know your climate. If you are traveling to a warm weather destination, pack the proper clothing. You will not need bulky heavy items.
• Do not take more items than you need. This is a common problem. Take into account the number of days that you will be away and be realistic about how many items you truly need.
• Take some double duty items. Items that can go from day to night mean fewer items in your luggage. A suit that can be worn without the jacket for a more casual look. A skirt and blouse along with a pair of pants that can also be worn with the blouse is another option.
• Buy trial size toiletry items. These take up less space and are usually all that you need while on holiday. Pack them in a waterproof case, or put them into a sealed zipper type plastic bag.
• You do not need more than 2 or 3 pair of shoes. One for dressy occasions, one for casual and perhaps one for athletic activities. Wear one pair while traveling and pack the other two. Put your shoes in grocery bags inside your suitcase to keep your clothing clean.
• Leave mobile telephones and electronic items at home unless you are sure you will be able to use them when you reach your destination. Often these items are packed but are not able to be used.
• Keep a copy of your prescription with you in case your luggage is lost. This way if your bag with your prescriptions inside is temporarily lost, you can have the prescription filled.
• Pack thinner items,rather than bulky items. This allows you to fit more pieces into your luggage.
• Begin packing in advance. Waiting until the last minute is sure to cause more stress. Lay all of your items out on a flat surface and take inventory. Be sure that everything you are packing is needed.
One of the best holiday packing tips is that it is better to travel light. If you find you need something, you will most likely be able to pick it up while you are on holiday.